Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New 110 Masts

Here it is, sub-zero temperatures outside, and it is difficult to think of sailing through the shivers. But I was asked if I knew of anyone who is interested in ordering a new aluminum mast from Super Spar for their 110?

I offered to post something here and gather any orders together for 110 masts to be shipped stateside with 505 masts for late spring delivery. Exact costs are variable due to shipping costs which is split between those who order masts. When we get a count we should be able to get closer to the expected cost. These would be identical to the ones purchased for Red Witch (698) and Nymph (35) last winter.  My expectation is that they will cost roughly $1K per mast and around $300 per boom plus shipping. 

To the best of my knowledge Super Spar is the only active supplier of 110 masts due to the low volume and detail cut and welding of the aluminum.  Spreaders are included but not rigging.  Contact me if you are interested in having me coordinate the mast assembly and rigging.  Please send me an e-mail at petercinqmars@onebox.com with your requests or questions. 

No comments: